The story so far…
SHARKS TOUCH 25 YEARS OLD IN OCTOBER 2016
In August, 2000 Sharks Sports Trust commenced as a non profit Trust in Orewa, HBC. The Trust is incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957.
Since August 2000 the clubs membership has increased from 500 Touch players to over 4000 players. The Trust has expanded to include Netball, Baseball and just recently Summer Soccer whilst Sports Holiday Programmes are run at two venues in the North Harbour region. The aim is to ensure the long term sustainability of the sports with a structure that supports growth and development at all levels.
Sharks Sports Trust has grown tremendously in the past five years. Its position as a leader in growth and development in sport in the Rodney area particularly has been recognised with the honour of securing the prestigious Club Initiative Award at the North Harbour Sporting Excellence awards for 2006 and finalist 2007.
- CLUB OF THE YEAR Jonmer NH Sporting Excellence awards 2006
- MEMBERSHIP – currently 4000 approx – 80% juniors
- MULTI SPORT CLUB – codes – Touch, Netball, Baseball, Soccer, Sports Holiday Programmes
- LOCATION – North Harbour Region, – structured to run NZ wide
- CHILDREN – a safe platform for children to compete & play any given sport.
- BUSINESS – Running and promoting all sports. Providing competition, tournaments, Have A Go Days, Holiday Programmes, Coaching & Referee courses, In-school Support, and Governance & Operational Support to sports codes under its remit.